Friday 14 February 2014

Revision | My Tips, Tricks & Schedule

This week has been pretty stress full (minor under statement there) as I've had all my mock exams ! AS level is a big jump from GCSE and for someone used to getting good grades I've found it pretty difficult.
Any way I thought I'd post about my revision process and my approach seen as this blog is supposed to be life based.



The most important thing for me is my schedule,  I like to start the day with writing out a time plan on my little whiteboard. I NEVER actually stick to it but it allows me to partition my time into manageable chunks and helps me visualise the time I have to spent on each topic.

Secondly are my flip cards or revision cards what ever you wish to call them. These are my saviour approaching exams. I sit down with the syllabus for my subject and write everything I need to know. (I also colour coordinate them but more about that later.) Once I've written everything out I reread what iv put highlighting anything I need to go over in more detail.

The next step is making pretty posters. I make huge colourful posters with any specific things I need to get my head around / remember. If I'm really struggling to grasp something this really helps as I'm constantly sat at my desk so I read the posters pretty much daily.

My most essential part of revising has to be my beloved fine-liner pens, without colour coordinating and pretty things I'd lose all interest! There is no way I could sit looking at a black and white mind map and remember it. Colours help me distinguish different subjects ( I'm a bit OCD like that).


A little tip for anyone struggling to memorise something, get a laminator! I write questions on sticky notes or on A4 sheets then laminate it and I can answer it over and over until I know the answer off by heart. I was doing the structural shapes of molecules for chemistry in my pic.

Breaks are also a big part of keeping stamina when revising I try to fit a 10 minute break in every hour and give myself at least half an hour for lunch.


My breaks usually consist of taking the dogs for a walk or if I'm really stressed a run. I also like to take my camera and take a few pics, but I have to be careful not to get carried away and keep an eye on the time.
These pics are from last weekends revision session featuring Milo my dog, branches of the trees, James the pony and a snowdrop in the grass.

Food breaks are a must without my cuppa and healthy snacks I'd have no energy after a few hours. I tend to buy little fruit packs to save me having to cut up fruit to save time. I don't like eating junk food like crisps or anything since I'm sat down for most of the day doing work. Don't want to feel guilty as well, I've got enough stress with revising.

That's all Iv been up to really (what an exciting life I lead)! Hoping to have a relaxing weekend after such a stressful week.
Georgia x

No comments:

Post a Comment